Why choose an Isolation Transformer
An isolation transformer is used to transfer electrical power from a source of AC power to a device while isolating the device from the power source for safety purposes. Modern solid-state power control devices are widely used throughout industry in AC and DC variable speed drives. This electrical equipment generates extreme stresses due to the harmful harmonic content they cause and the high mechanical strain they place on power supplies.
For Extreme Requirements get a Drive-Isolation Transformer
As standard isolation transformers are not designed to handle such conditions, we also manufacture a special type of transformer to cope with these extreme requirements – a drive-isolation transformer.
Drive-isolation transformers are designed to handle high mechanical stresses, as well as prevent harmful harmonics and voltage spikes from flowing back into electrical supply lines, which could result in damage to other electrical equipment. SES has been supplying drive-isolation transformers to the mining industry for use in drag lines and similar equipment, where they are subject to high vibration and harsh environmental conditions.
Features of a Custom-Made Drive-Isolation Transformer
- Fast turnaround – often within a few weeks of ordering
- Available in a wide power range – up to 600KVA
- Extremely robust construction
- Double wound – with a choice of input and output voltages
- Electro-static screens between primary and secondary windings
- Low load regulation
- Insulation classes up to class H – 180°C
- Ability to withstand up to 200 per cent full-rated load current for 30 seconds
- Designed to cope with over-voltage inputs
- Braced to withstand extreme vibration
- Tough black poly-urethane varnish impregnation
- Encased in rugged powder-coated IP23 ventilated enclosures
- Removable gland plates and clearly marked terminals for ease of installation
Talk to Southern Electronic Services Today
To discuss your requirements for a drive-isolation transformer, phone (03) 9706 4202 or contact us online.