Single-Phase Transformer Manufacturing for Unique Situations
A single-phase transformer can be used for a variety of purposes including lighting, medical equipment, industrial machinery and domestic equipment. They are used to change voltage, protect equipment (by isolating line voltage from load voltage) and compensate for voltage drops. A single-phase transformer cannot change frequency, convert single phase current to three phase current, stabilise fluctuating line voltage or increase power factor. As these transformers come in a wide range of sizes and are used in many different applications, your home or business may benefit from a custom designed single-phase transformer.
Southern Electronic Services has more than 40 years’ experience in the design and manufacture of transformers in Melbourne. We stock a huge range of bobbins, cores, frames and enclosures so that we can make a single-phase transformer to meet your specific requirements in a fast timeframe – usually within a few days.
The Benefits of an SES Single-Phase Transformer
- Australian Standard AS61558 compliant
- Robust construction
- Available in a wide power range – from 2VA to 150KVA
- Good load regulation
- Fast turnaround of custom-made transformers
- Insulation classes up to class H – 180°C
- Your choice of input and output voltages, with taps if required
- Multiple secondary windings available
- Option for electro-static screen between primary and secondary windings
- Available as open type with flying leads, printed circuit mounting or terminal blocks
- Option to fuse on primary and/or secondary in most cases, depending on current
- Tough varnish coating in clear or black
- Choice of mounting brackets
- Option for powder-coated steel (IP23 or other) enclosure for hard wiring, or with mains cord on input & output socket on outside of case
Not Sure Which Transformer You Need?
If you aren’t sure which type of power transformer is appropriate for your situation, get in contact with us. With more than three decades of experience, we can steer you in the right direction. For advice or an obligation-free quote, phone (03) 9706 4202 or contact us online.