Why choose an Isolation Transformer
An isolation transformer, as the name suggests, isolates your equipment, circuitry, or device from the main power source, protecting your equipment and personnel. The primary advantages of an Isolation Transformer over an Auto Transformer are safety, surge reduction, noise reduction and better overall power quality.
Isolation – or isolating – transformers are a more reliable product than modern solid-state power control devices. Solid-state drives generate extreme stresses due to the harmful harmonic content they cause and the high mechanical strain they place on power supplies.
Southern Electronic Services have built a huge range of Isolation Transformers over the years. The quality of our workmanship, thorough testing procedures, and shared expertise allow us to build you a custom isolation transformer to your specific requirements, fast. SES Isolation Transformers are designed, built and tested to AS/NZS 61558.2-4 .
If you’re not sure of your transformer requirements, please give us a call 03 9706 4202 and speak to our team.Get A Quote
Manufactured to Your Specifications
SES will build single phase Isolation transformers to meet your specific project needs:
- 100VA up to 600KVA power rating
- Input voltage – designed to your needs, up to 3.3kV
- Output voltage – designed to your needs, up to 3.3kV, multiple output windings if required
- Insulation classes – Class F (150°C) & Class H (180°C) as standard
- Low load regulation
- Enameled copper windings
- Screw terminals standard for transformers, other termination options available
- Brass Earth stud provided on frame for connection
- Electro-static screening if required
- Tough varnish impregnation insulation coating
- Additional switchgear fitting if required
- Choice of enclosure rating (open, IP23, IP65, other)